Poppyseed Muffins with Lemon Glaze
April 15, 2013
This recipe comes from my best friends mom. One of my fondest memories growing up is stuffing my face with this stuff. It is a wonderful, melt in your mouth bread, that is good for breakfast, great for a midday pick me up, and even better as a midnight snack. This recipe makes two loaves of bread, but since I do not have bread pans I went with muffins tins. Luckily, this recipe works in any form, and they came out great. I added a little lemon glaze just to mix things up. If you want to skip the glaze, a little powdered sugar does the trick.
Poppyseed Muffins With Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2â€“3 tsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp water
Poppy Seed Muffins
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/8 cups vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tbs poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp butter extract
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add oil and milk and mix until just combined.
- Add eggs, vanilla, butter extract and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Add poppy seeds.
- Grease 2 bread loaf pans, or muffin tins.
- Bake mini muffins 8-10 minutes or Bread loaves 50-65 minutes ( until a toothpick comes out clean).
- While the muffins are in the oven, make the glaze.
- Put powdered sugar in a bowl and add lemon juice and water until you reach a glazed consistency.
- Once the muffins or loaves are done baking, put them on a plate and spoon glaze over the top of each one.
Be the first to comment!