March 08, 2017
Often times rainbows are associated with things like unicorns, fairies or leprechauns. But unlike these mythical creatures, rainbows are a REAL thing. I seem to forget that from time to time because every time I see one, I am amazed all over again.
Something about the combination of colors in the sky never ceases to amaze me. Maybe it's because when I see a rainbow, I am reminded that not everything in this world is so terrible. I forget about the political garbage, how many pounds I'm trying to lose, or that jerk that cut me off in traffic, and I just appreciate what I have around me in the moment.
Sadly, we don't do this often enough. We are so caught up in the little things in life, we forget about the big picture. We are here, on this amazing earth, and we should enjoy it while we can. So instead of worrying about how many likes you get on an Instagram picture, take a second and look around and see the the wonderful things this world has to offer.
- 6 oz. white melting chocolate
- 12 package Golden Oreos
- Sugar Rainbow
- Blue sprinkles
- Popsicle Sticks
- Piping Bag
- Use a knife to split Oreos into two halves.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to instructions.
- Dip the end of the popsicle stick into the melted chocolate. Place it in the middle of one side of the Oreo. Sandwich the other half back on top.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes, or until the chocolate hardens.
- Holding the Oreo pop over the bowl of melted chocolate, use a spoon to cover the entire Oreo. Tap the stick on the side of the bowl to get off any excess chocolate.
- Place the sugar rainbow.
- Cover the Oreo in sprinkles.
- Set aside to dry.
- Place a little bit of the remaining chocolate in a small piping bag.
- Cut a small opening in the end, and pipe clouds.
*Makes 12 Oreos
Be the first to comment!