January 02, 2014
I decided to start 2014 with one of my favorite flavor combinations of all times - marshmallow, chocolate and graham cracker. The S'more. A seemingly simple campfire creation has turned into a cultural phenomenon. It's amazing! Buzzfeed has given us 19 s'mores recipes that will change your life, while others have created beauty products like this S'mores Perfume Oil.
See what I mean…it's a big deal. Even though I love a traditional campfire S'more…these bars are fun to make, easier to serve at a party and don't require a roaring campfire. I have made plenty of S'mores over the gas stove - it is just not the same as the real deal campfire. Give these a try and see why everyone is going crazy over this ooey gooey goodness.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 3 Hershey bars
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan.
- In a electric mixer fixed with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined.
- Press the dough into an even layer in the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- Once out of the oven, place the chocolate chips over the cooked layer and let them sit for one minute. Then spread the chips making a complete chocolate layer.
- Once the chocolate is melted, spread 3/4 of the bag of marshmallows over the chocolate. Place back in oven until tops of the marshmallows are golden brown.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Cut them into squares and decorate with the Hershey bars.
*Makes about 20 bars
Be the first to comment!