This weekend I am off to DC to continue our National Doughnut Tour. We have been on a little break, but I am so excited to be back with my partner in crime! (And of course to be eating delicious doughnuts!) In the mean time, I am going to share the recipe for these Toffee Crunch Cookies. These cookies are one of my new favorites. They are the perfect combination of soft and crunchy, and even though toffee can be sticky and annoying at times, the toffee bits in this cookie provide the perfect crunch. Enjoy!
Vanilla Toffee Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups (or 1 package) Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Add egg and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients on low speed and mix until just incorporated. Do NOT overmix!
- Add toffee bits.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop (about 1 3/4" in diameter) scoop cookies onto parchment.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn golden.
Makes 25 cookies.