But before I head out, I wanted to share this Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookie recipe. These cookies are awesome because you actually make them in a waffle iron. No oven required! The dough is super easy to make and the cookies themselves "bake" in 2-3 minutes!
Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons imitation vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Mini chocolate chips
For the glaze:
- In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, imitation vanilla and milk.
- Whisk until smooth. Set aside.
For the cookies:
- Preheat your waffle iron to high.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and sugars on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Turn the mixer down to medium and add eggs and vanilla.
- On the mixer’s lowest speed, add flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray. Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, put about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough onto the waffle iron. Close the iron and let the dough cook for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Take the cookies off the iron and dip them into the glaze while still warm.
- Set on a wire rack and sprinkle on chocolate chips.