Moving can be hard. Not only do you have to figure out how to navigate a new city, but you also have to figure out how to make new friends - and that can be intimidating. So when a new family moved in down the street, I decided I was going to welcome them to the neighborhood the best way I know how - with a cake.
The family had two little kids, so I thought my favorite Cookie Dough Confetti Cake would be the perfect "Welcome To The Neighborhood" treat. This epic cake does require a good amount of butter because it is covered in delicious buttercream and piled high with chocolate chip cookie dough - so I teamed up with LAND O LAKES® to make this the best cake possible.
I'm not going to lie...I'm kind of a butter snob. But when you are a baker like me (and you use SO MUCH BUTTER), you kind of have to be - and LAND O LAKES® is by far my favorite brand. I don't know how they do it, but their butter makes a huge difference in the final product.
The cake was a huge hit! Not only were my new neighbors very excited about the cake, they were also so thankful that I took the time to come over and introduce myself. Sometimes it is the smallest gesture that is the most appreciated - and I guess showing up with a cake never hurts.
Confetti Cookie Dough Cake
- 2 eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 2 cups LAND O LAKES® Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk
- Blue food coloring
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
for the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare three 8" cake pans with pam and parchment.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, egg white and the vanilla. Set aside.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine dry ingredients and mix on a low speed for 30 seconds.
- Add butter and milk. Mix on a low speed until just combined. Increase to medium speed and mix for 1-2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add egg mixture in 2 separate batches. Beat on medium speed until it is just combined.
- Divide batter into three cake pans. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool on wire racks until completely cool.
for the buttercream:
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine butter and cream cheese. Mix until light and fluffy. About 3 minutes.
- Slowly add powdered sugar on a low speed.
- Add milk and vanilla extract.
- Mix until light and fluffy.
for the cookie dough:
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add flour and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Set aside 1/3 of the dough for the cake filling. Use remaining 2/3 to roll into small balls for the topping.
This post was sponsored by LAND O LAKES®
Good is easy if you just start small. A little can change it all. Learn more from Land O Lakes®