This post is sponsored by the Puff Pastry Brand but all opinions are my own.
I know I usually don't post on the weekends, but I was way too excited about these Pop Tarts to wait another day to share them with you guys. I mean, they have Chocolate Chip Confetti Cookie Dough INISDE on them! How amazing is that?
But to be honest, the cookie dough is not even the best part. I know that's hard to believe because cookie dough is amazing, but it's true. The secret to these bad boys is in the dough.
Homemade pasty dough can be a real pain to make, especially if you want to make sure you have all those amazing flakey layers. It can often be overworked and turn out tough and chewy. It's a real problem. So, to ensure my Pop-Tarts came out super light and fluffy, I used store bought Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets.
Believe me...your guests will be very happy with you. I mean, who doesn't like a Pop-Tart?! Especially if it's filled with cookie dough!!
Confetti Cookie Dough Pop-Tarts
- 1 package of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry
- 1/2 cup cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pink food coloring
- Sprinkles and mini chocolate chips for decorating
for the pockets:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Remove Puff Pastry Sheets from the freezer and allow to come to room temperature.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add flour and salt. Mix until combined.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips and sprinkles.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and place in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold one Pastry Sheet. Using a knife or bench scraper, cut the sheet into thirds, and then each third in half. (You will get 6 rectangles)
- Transfer rectangles to baking sheet. Place cookie dough in the middle of three rectangles. Top them off with another rectangle sheet.
- Using a fork, crimp the edges making sure each side is sealed.
- Repeat with remaining pastry sheet.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes.
for the icing:
- In a bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Add a few drops of pink food coloring and mix until it reaches desired color.
- Use a knife to spread icing onto cooled pastry pockets.
- Add sprinkles.
Makes 6 Pop Tarts