This week, Instagram decided to switch things up by releasing a new algorithm for the way posts are seen. Long story short - people do NOT like change and a lot of them were pretty upset.
But what people don't realize is that sometimes change is good. We need change in our lives in order to evolve not only as a culture but as human beings. Just think about all the good change has brought to this world.
Recently I have gone through a lot of change in my life - some good and some bad - but I am doing my best to find the good in every single day. Today, that goodness comes in the form of a Confetti Ice Cream Sandwich.
I know it's still a little cold for me to break out an Ice Cream Sandwich recipe, but I couldn't help myself. Can you blame me? Look how pretty they are! SO MANY SPRINKLES.
The cookies are a soft and chewy confetti sugar cookie with a vanilla ice cream filling. And of course, sprinkles were added wherever possible. If you are having a rough day - or just really upset about the instagram update - these are a sure way to brighten your day! And yes...I am aware that rhymed. And I totally am ok with it.
Confetti Ice Cream Sandwiches
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons imitation vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, plus more for topping
- 1.5 Quarts Vanilla Ice Cream
- Prepare a baking sheet, and preheat the oven 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and imitation vanilla. Mix until just combined.
- Add flour, pudding mix, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cream of tartar. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in sprinkles.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie dough ballsand place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet. Add more sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and set on a wire rack for cooling.
- Once they are cool, put them in the freezer for a least an hour.
- Once the cookies are frozen, pair them according to size. Add a scoop of ice cream to the middle of one cookie and press the other cookie on top of it.
- Add sprinkles and put back in the freezer for at least an hour.
*Makes about 15 Ice Cream Sandwiches
Note - For easiest sprinkling - place sprinkles in a shallow bowl and dunk the ice cream sandwich in it. Slowly turn it until all sides are properly sprinkled.