Well, 2016 is officially here - and what better way to start the new year than with a large stack of chocolatey goodness? That's right - there isn't one.
Over the past couple of months, I have gotten a few comments about the lack of chocolate on my blog. So, being the total people pleaser that I am, I have decided that in 2016 I am going to make a large effort to share some really delicious chocolate recipes on here. (I hope you are happy Uncle Jeff).
Today I am starting with these awesome Dark Chocolate Malted Milk Ball Cookies. They are fudgey and delicious are SUPER CHOCOLATEY. I used a Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder and Dark Chocolate Malted Milk Balls (instead of the traditional milk chocolate ones) in order to really get that rich chocolate flavor. You won't be able to just eat one.
Dark Chocolate Malted Milk Ball Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey's Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate malted milk balls, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- On a slow speed, add cocoa powder a little bit at a time. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, milk powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups crushed milk balls.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop dough balls onto baking sheet.
- With the back of a wooden spoon, or the palm of your hand, slightly press down each dough ball and add a sprinkle of crushed milk balls on top.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the tops being to crackle.
- Transfer to wire rack to let cool.