Last week, I decided it was time to go beyond the marbled cake, and take on America's favorite cookie - The Oreo. The result was pretty great. There are not many things in this world that can beat a good old fashioned Oreo - but I think these marbled ones come pretty close.
I also did my first Periscope Broadcast (which is a LIVE video feed) demonstrating how I did this. I'm not going to lie...I was so nervous and sweating the entire time. I am terrified of being in front of the camera (I am much more comfortable behind it), but sometimes you gotta get out of your comfort zone. And guess what...I made it through! You can check it out below.
I am going to start trying to do more Periscope Broadcasts, so if you don't have the app, you should definetly check it out. It's pretty cool!
- 1/4 pound melting chocolate (This is my favorite)
- Chocolate Coloring (I used Wilton's Pink and Purple)
- 20 Oreos
- Place wax or parchment paper on a flat work surface.
- Put melting chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring after each heating, until it is melted. Place 1/3 of the chocolate into a small bowl.
- Dip toothpick into chocolate color and swirl into the small bowl of melted chocolate. Repeat with remaining colors.
- Dip each cookie halfway into the chocolate, coating the back and front evenly.
- Lightly tap the cookie on the rim of the bowl to get off any excess chocolate.
- Place cookie on paper. Let them cool until the chocolate is completely hardened.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the cookies. Once the chocolate begins to lose the white color, add more of the white melted chocolate and chocolate color.