Halloween is less than three weeks away, and I couldn't be more excited. So excited in fact that I decided to start preparing last week with an ALL CARB DIET.
I know what you are thinking...doesn't she mean a low carb diet? Or maybe a no carb diet? But, no. I meant what I said - all carbs, all the time.
There were a lot of pancakes and french toast involved, an inappropriate amount of chips and dip, and large quantities of ice cream and cookies consumed on a daily basis. It was glorious.
Sadly, like most fad diets, the all carb diet was just not suitable for real life. It was just too hard for me to follow, and I found myself craving vegetables (something I never thought I would say in my life).
I am not saying that I won't try it again some time soon, but for now, I am back to normal eating - which luckily for me, still includes a good amount of sugar and carbs.
For example, these Marshmallow Mummy Pops. These pops are my new favorite Halloween Snack. They are adorable, easy to make, and perfect for any Halloween party!
Marshmallow Mummy Pops
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- 1/4 - 1/2 pound white melting chocolate
- Lollipop sticks
- Candy eyes
- Piping gel
- Small paint brush
- Ribbon pipping tip
- Styrofoam block
- Use piping gel and a small paint brush to glue a pair of eyes to each jumbo marshmallow. Set aside and let dry.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments until completely melted.
- Dip lollipop sticks into melted chocolate and then into the bottom of all the marshmallows.
- Prepare a pipping bag with a ribbon tip. Fill bag with white chocolate (a little bit at a time).
- Pipe lines of white chocolate all over the marshmallow.
- Set in the styrofoam block to dry.