A couple of years ago, I set out to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Now I know this seems like an impossible task because everyone has their own version of what makes a chocolate chip cookie so great. But for me, it’s soft, chewy and loaded with chocolate chips. So after A LOT of recipe testing I finally settled on this recipe.
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie was actually one of my first posts (please don’t judge the photography), and over three years later, it is still my go to recipe. So I decided I would bring it back with a little Valentine’s Day makeover.
Who doesn’t love a good makeover, right? So if you are looking for an easy recipe to bring to a Galentine’s Day party, or just want to bake a little something sweet for your loved ones, I highly recommend this recipe!
CHOCOLATE CHIP M&M VALENTINE'S DAY COOKIES
- 2 cups flour + 2 tbs. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter - melted and cooled to just warm
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups Valentine M&Ms
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt with a whisk and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, on medium speed, beat melted butter and both sugars until well combined. the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine melted butter and both sugars (on medium speed) until well combined.
- Reduce speed to low and add egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop dough balls and place on baking sheet.
- With the back of a wooden spoon, gently press down on the cookies to make them flat instead of domed.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheets.