You could be the best cake baker in the world, but if you don't have any kind of baking pan handy, it's going to be kind of hard to make a decent cake. You see what I mean? The tools you have can make a huge difference in your final product.
I have spent years trying and testing a million different tools and gadgets when it comes to baking. Some are incredibly helpful and I use them all the time while others are sitting at the bottom of my kitchen drawers collecting dust because they actually make the baking process MORE complicated. Should I just throw these useless tools away? Probably. But my hoarding problem is a story for a different day.
Today, I opened up a Sprinkles for Breakfast Amazon Page to share all my favorite baking products with you guys. Everything on this page is something I personally use ALL the time in my own kitchen - so you don't have to worry about these tools giving up on you. I have tested them over and over again :)
But I also realize there are a lot of products on here, and not everyone needs every tool. So here are my top 5 recommended tools that I think every baker should have in their own kitchens.
1. A Stand Mixer - My Kitchen Aid stand mixer is probably one of the most prized possessions. And I'm talking about all of my possessions - not just the ones in my kitchen. Most baking recipes require some kind of mixing, and no offense to you - but this stand mixer can do it a whole lot better than you can. It makes your life easier, your baked goods better, and it looks really freaking cute in your kitchen. I know they are a little expensive, but if you are doing any sort of baking on the regular - I promise you, you will get your money's worth. I got my first Kitchen Aid 15 years ago and it still works like a charm. This is an investment, but it's such a good one.
2. Silpat Baking Sheet - It's like parchment paper...but better. This Silpat baking sheet keeps things from sticking to your baking pans, it requires very little clean up, and it can be used over and over and over again!
3. A Good Cookie Scoop - This is something that is so simple to have but SO very useful. Especially if you are into baking cookies. It makes scooping the cookies super easy (wayyyy less mess than using a spoon). It also streamlines the size of your cookies and helps them all bake more evenly. Get one.
4. Offset Spatulas - Another one of those things that is super easy to have and super useful in the kitchen. I use it any time I am frosting something (cakes or cookies) or spreading a batter evenly in a pan. Believe me...it's so much better than a knife. I usually have a SMALL ONE and a BIG ONE - but if you just want to get one - go with this medium format.
5. A Cake Turner - If you like to bake cakes or are even considering baking a cake in the future, you should definitely have one of these. It makes the frosting process so much easier, and gives you a much prettier final product! And as a bonus, it can also be used as a cake stand!
You can find them all HERE along with some of my other favorite products.
I think it is also important to note that everything on this list would make a great gift for someone who is just discovering their love for baking. And if you are looking for a gift for someone who is a little more experienced, I made a Gift Guide for more advanced bakers.
That's all for now! Happy Baking!
Be the first to comment!
how your inbox get so fly?
Sign up and get access to exclusive baking
tips newest recipes and my free e-book!