That’s right…I finally did it! I made my own homemade sprinkles! I have been putting this off for a while now and to be honest, I’m not really sure why. For some reason I thought they were going to be very a hard to make. But, it turns out I could not have been more wrong.
The game changer for me was my Instagram friend @awwsam. She made them a few weeks ago and they turned out amazing. So when she told me they were super easy to make, I decided it was time to stop being such a baby. After all, I do run a blog called Sprinkles for Breakfast.
In short, I love Sprinkles and I will be making homemade ones a lot more often now. If you like Sprinkles at all…I suggest you give them a try! And be on the look out next week because I am going to give you guys a fun way to use your DIY Sprinkles that you won’t want to miss.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN SPRINKLES
- Food coloring
- 2 1/2 - 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Piping bags
- Small round piping tip (I used Ateco #4 )
- Parchment Paper
- Prepare baking sheets with parchment paper, and a piping bag with a #5 tip.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together meringue powder, powdered sugar and water.
- Divide the icing into 4 small bowls.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each bowl. Mix until you reach desired color.
- Place icing in piping bag and pipe out straight lines on parchment paper.
- Repeat for all the colors and let dry over night.
- Break up the pieces with your hands tomake sprinkes.