I am an emotional eater – there is no denying that. I eat when I’m happy. I eat when I’m sad. I eat when I’m anxious and I eat when I’m trying to keep myself awake to finish work even though all I want to do is go to sleep.
Some people think emotional eating is a problem…but I tell myself it’s an endearing quality. Every emotional eater has their go to food – mine is a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Milk & Cookies Ice Cream.
Last week, when I was feeling particularly stressed over something (I can’t even remember what it was now…so obviously it wasn’t that important), and I went to the store to grab some Milk & Cookies. But I couldn’t find any. I got down on my hands and knees and searched all the way to the back of the freezer, but they were out.
Instead of picking a different flavor like a rational person would, I decided I was not going to end my day without some Milk & Cookies. So, I decided I was going to make my own. No Churn Ice Cream is really easy to make, and with a good base, you can essentially make any flavor you want – even your favorite Ben & Jerry’s!
NO CHURN MILK & COOKIES ICE CREAM
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 1 cup Oreo, roughly chopped
- 1 cup Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies, roughly chopped
- Loaf Pan
- On a cutting board, roughly chop cookies. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix condensed milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream on a high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture.
- Once the whipped cream is fully incorporated, stir in cookies.
- Line a 4 1/2 x 8/12 inch loaf pan with parchment.
- Pour ice cream mixture into pan and crumble a few more cookies on top.
- Place loaf pan into the freezer overnight, or until firm.