Well, March is here. And you know what that means? St. Patrick’s day is around the corner. At my age, this holiday is less about catching leprechauns and more about drinking.
Even though I’m not a big drinker, I still find a way to enjoy myself. Mostly because I use it as an excuse for a extra delicious cheat day. While everyone else is drinking, I’m in the corner making sure to eat as many things as possible.
One of my favorite St. Patrick’s day treats is Mint Chip Ice Cream. You gotta stick with the green theme, ya know? And because it’s a cheat day, I went one step further and turned it into my favorite ice cream pie. I obviously then added Lucky Charms on top – because why not?!
NO BAKE MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP PIE
- 1 package Oreos (14.3 oz), crushed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1.5 Quarts Mint Chip Ice Cream
- 3/4 Jar Mrs. Richardson's Fudge
- 1 large piping bag
- 1 large star tip
- Lucky Charms for decoration, optional
- Crush Oreo cookies in a food processor.
- Melt butter and add to the cookie crumble.
- Pack the Oreo mixture into the bottom of a pie dish and up onto the sides.
- Once the crust is done, put it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- While the crust is setting up, take out the ice cream and let it soften.
- Once your crust is set, fill the shell with the softened ice cream.
- Put the pie back in the freezer for at least three hours.
- Once the ice cream has firmed back up, prepare a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Place fudge in the piping bag, and pipe until you cover the ice cream.
- Put the pie back in the freezer for an hour. Then you are ready to serve.