After a large dinner last weekend, I made everyone in my family sit down for a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie taste test. Even though we had just eaten a big meal, there weren’t many protests when I said, “cookies”. I have been working on finding a good recipe for a while now, and I wanted to make sure I chose the best one. There were a lot of different opinions (my family takes food very seriously), but the clear favorite was the one with a touch of sea salt. It is the perfect mix of sweet and salt, chewy and crunchy. Give it a try.
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP SEA SALT COOKIES
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, combine butter and peanut butter on high speed until smooth. Add both sugars and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Bring the speed down to medium and add egg, honey, vanilla, and yogurt until combined.
- Put the mixer on the lowest speed and add the dry ingredients slowly just until combined.
- Take the dough off the mixer and stir in chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 1 hour (ideally the dough should sit over night - but I know it can get annoying to wait too long).
- Once ready to bake, roll dough into 1-inch balls and place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 9-12 minutes (depends on size of your cookie/your oven) or until cookies begin to turn slightly golden around the edges. Once you take them out, immediately sprinkle them with extra sea salt.
- It is VERY important not to over bake . Cookies will look slightly underdone when you take them out, let them cool on the cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.