I know Valentine’s Day is a big deal for a lot of people. But let’s be real…Valentine’s Day is really the worst. If you are in a relationship, you feel all this pressure to do something special for your partner and if you are single you feel terrible that you don’t have anyone to do something special for. It’s awful.
But since Valentine’s Day is a thing wheather I like it or not, I might as well embrace the one thing I like about it – the sweets. Today I made a Valentine’s Day version of the classic Peanut Butter Blossom. It’s the same simple recipe, but this time I rolled the cookies in festive sprinkles and added a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup heart.
So if you have someone special who loves peanut butter, these are a good way to tell them you love them. Or, if you yourself love peanut butter and want to eat your feelings next week, these are also a great option. However you decide to spend February 14th, just make sure it includes something sweet 🙂
VALENTINE'S DAY BLOSSOMS
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Valentine's Day Sprinkles
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cup hearts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream butter, brown sugar, sugar and peanut butter.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Place sprinkles in a small bowl.
- Take 1 heaping tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Roll dough in the sprinkles.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes before adding the Peanut Butter Cup Heart.