Confetti Choco Tacos
May 02, 2017
In the US, Cinco De Mayo tends to be centered around drinking. But because I don't drink, I have had to find other ways to celebrate. In the past, this has usually consisted of eating an inappropriate amount of nachos. I LOVE NACHOS.
But seeing that I am DEEP in Bavaria, Germany at the moment - I don't think nachos are going to be readily available. So I will manage with these homemade Confetti Choco Tacos.
If you have never heard of a Choco Taco, they can be found at most Grocery Stores. They are a sweet taco shell stuffed with ice cream and dipped in chocolate. They are pretty amazing, and today we made them ever better by adding sprinkles!
You will need a Waffle Cone Maker in order to make these, but they are not that expensive (I got mine for under $30 HERE). And I believe they are worth the investment. Happy Cinco De Mayo! Eat some nachos for me!
Confetti Choco Tacos
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 8 - 12 oz. white melting chocolate
- Pink or purple candy food coloring
- Waffle Cone Maker
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
for the taco shells:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Mix in flour until full incorporated.
- Stir in melted butter and milk. Mix until smooth.
- Warm Waffle Cone Maker to medium heat.
- Once warm, place one heaping tablespoon of dough in the center.
- Close the top and bake for 2 minutes
- Use a tong to take flat waffle off the heat.
- Place it onto parchment paper and place a mason jar top in the middle. Lay the jar top to one side.
- Use the tong to fold the waffle over onto the mason jar top to form a taco. Use tongs to gently squeeze them together. Hold for 1 minute and then set aside to cool.
for the filling:
- Set the ice cream out to soften.
- Use a spoon to pack ice cream all the way to the edge of the cooled taco shell.
- Smooth the ice cream with the back of the spoon.
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- In a shallow bowl, melt chocolate according to instructions.
- Take tacos out of the freezer and carefully zip each one into the chocolate.
- Immediately add sprinkles.
- Set on parchment paper to harden and then place back in the freezer for 20 minutes or until ready to serve.
Be the first to comment!