Food photography is not something that comes naturally to me. I am much more comfortable shooting girls in prom dresses in the middle of the ocean at 7 am. But when I decided I wanted to start a food blog, I knew good photography was the key to any sort of success.
This month, I talked to Artful Blogging about my rocky transition into food photography, and how I am constantly trying to improve my skills. I know I have come a long way from shooting cakes on the fire escape outside my tiny NYC apartment, but I also know there is still a lot of room for improvement. You can read the full article in their November Edition found here.
And while you are reading that...you can make yourself a batch of these Peanut Butter Reese's Pieces Cookies. These are soft batch peanut butter cookies packed with the perfect Reese's Pieces crunch. They are great for holiday baking, cookie swaps, or just a good old fashioned afternoon snack.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups Reese's Pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix butter, sugar, brown sugar, and peanut butter until nice and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add in flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in Reese's Pieces.
- Scoop round balls onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.