Pie Crust can be a little tricky…but once you get the hang of it, you will be set for life. This Pie Crust recipe is super easy to follow, and is great for both sweet and savory fillings.
DECORATIVE PIE CRUST TUTORIAL
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2/3 cup + 1 tbs cold shortening
- 3 tbs cold water
- 3 tbs cold milk
- Combine flour, salt and sugar with a light whisk.
- Add the shortening. With a dough blender or your hands, work the shortening into the dry ingredients until it is in pea-size pieces.
- Add cold water and milk 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with fork until all flour is moistened and the dough comes together.
- Gather dough into a ball and then shape it into a flattened round on a floured surface.
- Roll pie crust into a circle 2 inches larger than the upside down pie plate.
- Fold crust into fourths and place into pie plate. Unfold and ease into plate.