January 27, 2015
People say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...but in my opinion, the stomach is the way to anyone's heart. Man, woman, or child - you can win anyone over with something delicious. So this Valentine's Day, I suggest you make your way to the kitchen - and while you are there, you can make some of these adorable Love Grahams. What better way to say "I Love You" than in Homemade Graham Crackers. That's right...it's an edible Love Letter. And the best part is, you can customize it to say anything you want.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 & 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tbs honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and honey until light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt, and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- On a low speed, add the flour mixture in two parts until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Cover a flat service with parchment paper and flour. Roll out the dough out to 1/8″ thick. If the dough is still sticky use more flour on the rolling pin.
- Using cookie cutters, cut out any shapes that you want. (We used a combination of squares, hearts and letters)
- Place the shaped dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake until edges are brown. For small grahams cook 6-8 minutes and for larger ones 10-12 minutes.
Be the first to comment!